Carter Law Office, PC specializes in residential closings for buyers with real estate interests throughout Massachusetts and New Hampshire. We have a dedicated and professional staff that truly appreciates how important the closing process is to you, your family and to all those involved. We handle the nuances of all residential closings; cash deals, equity lines, construction closings, the purchasing of a short-sale, the purchasing of a foreclosed or distressed property, the purchasing of a new construction property.
For buyers we review the offer, review and negotiate the terms of the purchase and sale agreement, review buyer’s lender’s mortgage commitment letter, monitor important time sensitive dates, prepare the buyer for their closing, review seller’s deed, attend closing, and prepare homestead affidavits.
Buyer Services Offered:
- Free initial consultation at convenient times and locations.
- Property title examinations conducted in all registries of deeds in Mass and NH.
- Preparation and negotiation of the Offer to Purchase and Purchase and Sale Agreement to best protect your interests.
- Handling the “unique” purchases, e.g. a short-sale purchase; a relocation purchase; a new construction purchase; a foreclosed or distressed property purchase. All of these “unique” scenarios have specific intricacies and forms for their particular closing process.
- Review and explain the mortgage process and related forms including the mortgage commitment letter.
- Resolve disputes that may arise during the closing process.
- Coordinate and attend the closing.
- Review the closing documents including the HUD Settlement Statement.
- Prepare and file Buyer’s Massachusetts Declaration of Homestead Affidavit.
- We are an authorized agent for most major title insurance companies.
- Our office conducts many educational Buyer seminars: First-Time Homebuyer Seminars; Understanding the Purchase and Sale Agreement; Purchasing Property in Today’s Real Estate Environment; Changes in Today’s Mortgage Underwriting Lending Process; Purchasing a Short-Sale or Bank-Owned Property; Protecting Your Down Payment.
- Mortgage Tracking Services: Our office tracks the current rates and programs of many local and national lending institutions.