Carter Law Office, PC specializes in residential closings to sellers with real estate interests throughout Massachusetts and New Hampshire. Our office is prepared to professionally and enthusiastically represent your interests from the time you are contemplating listing your property to the day of your closing. In today’s real estate environment there are many pitfalls and obstacles for sellers, buyers, lenders, and brokers. We welcome the opportunity to navigate you through this sometimes daunting process. We have a dedicated and professional staff that truly appreciates how important the closing process is to you, your family and to all those involved. We realize that the sale of your home may be one of the most important financial and emotional undertakings you may make in your lifetime. With that understanding we adhere to our motto that “our most important closing is yours”.
For sellers we review the offer, draft and negotiate the terms of the purchase and sale agreement, do a one owner search of the property which allows us to ferret out any potential title issues early in the closing process, order mortgage payoff figures, address title issues, prepare deed, prepare powers of attorney, and attend the closing.
- Free initial consultation at convenient times and locations.
- Review the Broker’s Listing Agreements and other related realtor forms.
- Conduct an Owner title search of the property which may uncover issues before they cause delays and/or cancelation of the closing.
- Mortgage discharge tracking service.
- Prepare and negotiate the Offer to Purchase and the Purchase and Sale Agreement to best protect your interests.
- Resolve Buyer and Seller issues that may occur during the process.
- Explain the Buyer’s mortgage process and how it may affect you as a seller.
- Prepare a Power of Attorney if you are unable to attend the closing.
- Prepare the deed needed to convey the property from you to the buyers.
- Resolve title issues that may arise during the closing process.
- Attend and represent you at the real estate closing. Review all pertinent closing documents and fees.
- Handling the “unique” sales, e.g. a short-sale; a relocation sale; a foreclosed or distressed property sale. All of these “unique” scenarios have specific intricacies and forms for their particular closing process.
- Our office conducts many educational Seller seminars: Understanding the Purchase and Sale Agreement; The closing process from the seller’s perspective; Selling a Short-Sale Property; Selling a distressed property; Steps to the Massachusetts and New Hampshire Closing.